Support for technology incubation
Many countries are investing heavily in their ‘knowledge economy’ and encouraging incubation is a key part of their strategy.
nu Angle works with leading players in the incubation arena, supporting the incubation and spin-out of new technologies and technology prospecting on behalf of international clients and venture capitalists.
Making incubation work requires know-how, significant patience and effort, plus the ability to leverage a global network of investors, sources of technology, and partners. nu Angle has succeeded in bringing together an alliance of like-minded practitioners who all bring practical knowledge, hands-on experience, and a strong network of technical expertise.
Over recent years, nu Angle’s global alliance has provided support to many hundreds of incubated companies world wide and has extensive knowledge of the innovation communities in Europe and the USA.
For example, nu Angle has a base in Cambridge where it has worked closely with the architects of the region’s cluster which includes high technology companies, research institutions and the University of Cambridge. The so called ‘Cambridge Phenomenon’ has helped to pioneer many of the strategies now used to create spin-outs and start-ups worldwide and learning-points from other incubation centres have been adopted in Cambridge.
The expertise that the nu Angle alliance brings cover the essential elements for successful incubation and includes:
- technology transfer and commercialization
- obtaining financing and venture funding
- coaching incubation teams
- provision of incubation services
- governance and strategy for incubators
- masterplanning of incubation and science park sites
- PR and branding for incubators
- external network development, and strategic alliances
- intellectual property strategy and tactics for exploitation of technology
- product development and design advice for incubating companies