Have you got the tools for the job?
Technology strategy was pioneered in the chemical and high tech industries, as a way to deal with critical and complex technology planning problems.
nu Angle built on these approaches and has developed a process that can be used within any industry. It is firmly grounded in the commercial needs of the business and allows a portfolio of technologies to be assessed at a business unit level or at a corporate level, to identify common technology platforms and evaluate their performance.
Our approach enables executives to:
- Make the right investment decisions to create a viable and protectable pipeline of products.
- Understand the ROI for different technology investment options.
- Select technology investments that fit best with commercial and brand strategy.
- Reduce effort wasted on technology development with peripheral impact on the business.
- Protect future growth by identifying potential disruptive technologies.
- Identify external solutions that allow new, smarter products to be developed through ‘Open Innovation’.
- Spread risk and avoid putting ‘all the eggs in one basket’.
To further support our clients, nu Angle has encapsulated its methodology within a bespoke Microsoft Excel application called nuTechStrat. This allows the client to input information about internal and external technologies and score them based on a number of metrics.
This process will help to define investment plans, identify business critical applications and also reveal gaps in capability.
|nuTechStrat||nuTechStrat 8 principles|